This past week saw the payoff of two years worth of work, time, effort, and a piercing desire to see a dream fulfilled. The book I’ve been writing has seen the ink of pages.
Yes, 12 Jars: Making the Most of the Rest of Your Life has been published!
While I do want to discuss some of the things the book contains you may find intriguing, this post will feature my “why” behind what I have written.
This book being published is just the beginning. At one time I thought having it published would be the realization of the dream. What I’ve come to find is there is no end to it. There is lots of work to be done to get it in the hands of people who want or need to be inspired and moved. This process is not for me, but for what God intended for me.
Here are a few reasons where I find myself at this time:
1. I am living my purpose; my calling if you will. Call it encouragement, inspiration, invigoration… whatever you want. My spiritual gift is exhortation. This is where one works to help those who falter in their faith or wallow in the results of sin or poor choices. Those with this gift strengthen and encourage others in their faith.
They can also challenge or refute others while at the same time lifting up and galvanizing them in order to foster spiritual growth and action. The goal of the encourager is to see everyone who calls themselves a Christ-follower “make disciples of nations” and glorify God. This book is a tool of encouragement to live a life worthy of your calling, to leave a legacy greater than your lifespan.
2. This project has been spirit-inspired – from the concept to the words on the pages. And not just this book. All other projects I’ve been working on including intentional conversations, speaking engagements, and several others projects .
And why is this divinely inspired? Because my prayers are being answered. I have come to a crossroads in my faith – where you are riding the fence or over it and running free. I’m free. And I’m running hard and fast.
3. This book ushers in the next era of my personal, professional, and most importantly, spiritual development. This represents opportunity for speaking engagements with meaningful conversations, relationship building, and honoring my purpose.
4. I want to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. To follow in footsteps this big or any for that matter, the first step is always a leap of faith. Faith is believing in the things we can’t see. Unless they are in sand, wet concrete, or mud, footsteps are unseen. But that doesn’t mean a path has not been walked before us. Lift your foot, believe you will come down on solid ground, and take a step. Then another… and another.
With that said, if you would be interested in purchasing a copy or have me speak, let me know. I’m ready to begin sharing my message of impact, love, and legacy. My site will be ready soon, but until then:
- Reach out to me via email: email@example.com
- PM me on Facebook: Trey Campbell
- For online purchases of 12 Jars: Southwestern Consulting Online Store
I named this post “A dream fulfilled is only the beginning: this is MY beginning.” What is YOUR beginning? Are you working toward the realization of a dream that will take you to a higher level? Or are you stuck living in a fantasy that gets you through the day?
A hard worker has plenty of food,
but a person who chases fantasies has no sense.
– Proverbs 12:11